The Oxford German Dictionary provides authoritative coverage of German and English with over 320,000 words and phrases, alongside 520,000 translations. Essential grammatical information and language usage notes are provided for both languages.
It provides comprehensive guidance on pronunciation, vowel length, and syllable stress, as well as clear distinctions between pre-reform spellings alongside new preferred forms. There are invaluable cultural notes to learn more about life in German- and English-speaking countries - essential tools for language professionals and students at all levels.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A quick search of words while you type
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- Discover more about language with the special language notes
- See words in context with example sentences.