This exclusive application merges the two most popular language tools worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
The Concise English Dictionary is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. Oxford's Concise Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, or writing creatively.
INCREASE YOUR WORD POWER
- Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, covering technical and scientific terminology as well as English from around the world.
- A comprehensive thesaurus with over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms.
- 50,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with controversial or variant pronunciations.
- Hundreds of new words and phrases based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus.
- Usage notes for help with tricky or controversial entries.
- Related word notes to find words with similar meanings.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- See words in context with example sentences.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.