The Oxford Chinese Dictionary is the most authoritative Chinese bilingual dictionary available, with over 300,000 words, 370,000 translations, and tens of thousands of example phrases. It's produced in association with Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press (FLTRP) using the latest lexicographic methods to ensure accurate translations and useful information.
Entries have a clear and accessible layout with lookup in Chinese organised by Pinyin, with Mandarin Chinese with simplified Chinese characters used throughout. Extensive supplemental material includes grammar notes, example letters and emails and guides to telephoning and text messaging, perfect for students on their year abroad or those working in Chinese or English.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- See words in context with example sentences.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.