The Dictionary of Dentistry provides over 4,000 definitions covering all the important terms and concepts used in dentistry today. An essential guide for dental practitioners and dental students, it is also an invaluable reference source for all members of the dental team, medical practitioners, lawyers involved with members of the dental profession, and the general reader.
Entries are written in clear and concise English without the use of unnecessary dental or medical jargon, with many entries supplemented by illustrations. The dictionary defines terms in a broad range of dental specialist areas including primary care, anatomy and comparative anatomy, biochemistry, radiography, orthodontics, restorative dentistry, oral surgery, pharmacology, ethics, and oral medicine. There are additional drugs, techniques, and instruments of historical interest included as well.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- See words in context with example sentences.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.