The Oxford Dictionary of World Mythology examines the mythological figures across a wide range of global cultures and religions. It presents the powerful gods of Greece, Rome, and Scandinavia, the more mystical deities of Buddhist and Hindu India, and the stern spirits of the African and American continents. Drawing upon hundreds of myths from around the globe, it not only reveals the vast differences in these civilizations, but also demonstrates the unity of mankind in its fundamental need for explanations of the unknown.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
- A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
- A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
- A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
- History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
- See words in context with example sentences.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.