'A favourite. It should be in every classroom and library ... the reader is drawn inevitably from one entry to the next merely to satisfy curiosity' - School Science Review
The sixth edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry
covers all aspects of chemistry, from physical chemistry to biochemistry. Fully revised and updated, it boasts broader coverage in subject areas such as forensics, metallurgy, materials science, and geology, increasing the dictionary’s appeal to students in these related fields. There are also biographical entries on key figures, highlighted entries on major topics such as polymers and crystal defects, and chronologies charting the main discoveries in atomic theory, biochemistry, explosives, and plastics. A new feature is the inclusion of entry-level web links.
With over 4,700 entries, including over 200 new terms for this edition, this is the ideal reference resource for students of chemistry at all levels, either at school or at university, undergraduate lecturers, and students and lecturers in related disciplines such as biology. Thanks to its greater breadth of content, this latest edition of the Dictionary of Chemistry also appeals to students in related disciplines such as medicine, forensics, and metallurgy.
NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
- Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
- An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
- Voice search function
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
- Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
- ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
- ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
- ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
- Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
- Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry:
- Permanently unlock the complete features list
- Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
- Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues